Sunday 8:30 am and 11:00 am
Weekdays/Holydays: see bulletin
Saturday - 9:00 am - noon
Saint Pius X Parish is a Catholic faith community of worship, prayer and thanksgiving, serving the world through outreach and action. Realizing our baptismal call, we envision ourselves serving the Kingdom of God through:
- vibrant and nourishing liturgies
- knowledge of the faith and personal spiritual growth
- social justice and responsibility
- responsible stewardship of time, talent and treasure
St. Pius X Parish in Cedar Rapids, IA, seeks to fill the following positions:
- Director of Faith Formation who is committed to formation of the Catholic Faith for all ages in a parish of 2000 families. This is a full-time position and includes sacramental preparation for Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist; direction of the RCIA program; and implementation of adult formation opportunities. This person will also oversee the Coordinator(s) of Religious Education for grades 1-12 and Youth Minister.
- Coordinator of Religious Education, grades K-5. This is a part-time position (10 months per year, 15 hours per week). Primary responsibilities include coordination of religious education classes for elementary aged children and Vacation Bible School, and recruitment of catechists.
- Youth Minister. This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week, over 12 months. Primary responsibilities include coordination of religious education classes for middle and high school students, youth ministry sessions, and various retreats and youth conferences.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics, and should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or experience pertaining to the position. Full job descriptions are available listed below. Send resumes by May 1 to Rev. Philip Thompson, St. Pius X Parish, 4949 Council St., NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.
Vacation Bible School
Prayer of the Faithful
Prayer of the Faithful
6th Sunday of Easter
May 20-21, 2017
Presider: On the cross Jesus surrendered his life to the Father for all men and women. Let us pray in the confidence of this surrender.
For Church leaders. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide them in the ways of understanding, wisdom and compassion. We pray to the Lord…
For the orphaned, the neglected, the poor, and the needy. May we be agents of healing and reconciliation in a broken and divided world. We pray to the Lord…
For our enemies and those who persecute us. May we find the strength to love and forgive them. We pray to the Lord…
For high school and college graduates, that God will guide them as they enter adulthood, help their faith to mature, and inspire them to use their gifts for the good of others. We pray to the Lord…
For those suffering from mental, emotional, or physical illness. May all the sick take comfort in the Lord’s compassionate love. We pray to the Lord…
For our friends and family members who have died. May they now live in the presence of the God of love. We pray to the Lord…
For the prayers we hold in our hearts. (pause) We pray to the Lord…
Presider: God our Father, you have called us to live your commandments and love the human family in every need, even when it causes us to be persecuted. May we be a means of your Spirit of love to those around us. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Wine & Wisdom
Have you been thinking about becoming a Catholic someday?
Do you know of someone who might be interested in becoming Catholic?
Perhaps you have been worshipping with us for years. You may have served as an usher or greeter. Maybe your children are enrolled in Religious Education or in one of the Catholic Schools. We appreciate all that you have done for our parish and are grateful to have you with us. We invite you to consider the RCIA process that prepares adults for full sacramental union with the Catholic Church.
Sessions begin in September but conversation and registration is available now by calling Linda Van Etten at 393-4445 or send her an email at email@example.com
If you are interested in joining our parish family or learning more about the parish, please fill out our online form. We will be in touch with you once the form is received! We look forward to having you join St. Pius X.
Current Service Opportunities
Do you need service hours for school? Now is a great time to get it done.
Are you looking to help out at your parish? Click here for service opportunities that are updated frequently.
Bulletin Subscription via Email
Metro Catholic Outreach
Metro Catholic Outreach is a collaborative project of the eleven Catholic Parishes of the Cedar Rapids Metro area. This outreach provides a food pantry, call center for referrals and assistance and emergency financial assistance to those in need in our area.
For further information, see the following links, or contact Jullia Gannon (firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-393-4445)
- Metro Catholic website - Metro Catholic Outreach Overview - Metro Catholic Outreach - A Cooperative Effort - Outreach Volunteer Registration Form
GET MORE INVOLVED AT MASS!
Are you young, old, male, female, middle or high school,........... anyone looking for a way to be more involved at St. Pius? Try volunteering as an usher! We need friendly, helpful people who are willing to assist with the collection and communion at our weekend liturgies. No training is required; we let you “shadow” an usher once or twice to get the hang of it. After that, we’ll schedule you as often as you’d like at whichever Mass you prefer! (Our greatest needs are for the 4:30 and 11:00 Masses.) If you feel that God is calling you to serve your parish through this ministry, please contact Marianne in the Liturgy Office at 393-4445 or email@example.com. Team up with your husband/wife, son/daughter, mom/dad, Confirmation sponsor, friend, etc., and make this a fun way to share your time and talent!
This year we will focus on the Stewardship of TALENT
How can you use your TALENTS? Can you use your TALENTS to serve God?
Consider how God is nudging to you to share a portion of your
TALENTS with Him and in service at St. Pius X.
Religious Education Calendars
50th Anniversary of Ordination
Play and Pray
- Deacon Ron Ridder, Deacon
- Father Philip Thompson, Pastor
- Deacon Lanny Peterson, Deacon
- Deacon Al Scharosch, Deacon
- Deacon Paul Zimmerman, Deacon
- Mary Swiderski, Secretary
- Melanie Martin-Trainor, Business Administrator
- Sandra Pickart, Director of Liturgy
- Marianne Wink, Liturgy Assistant / Facilities & Hall Rental
- Linda Van Etten, Director of Faith Formation
- Jerica Christensen, Coordinator of Youth Ministry/Confirmation
- Sister Joellen Price, PBVM, Pastoral Associate
- Julia Gannon, Social Justice Director
- Pam Satern, Stewardship and Parish Life
- Barb Miller, Catechetical Associate
- Michael Jasudowicz, Buildings & Grounds Director