Sunday 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Weekdays/Holydays: see bulletin
Saturday - 9:00 am - noon
Saint Pius X Parish is a Catholic faith community of worship, prayer and thanksgiving, serving the world through outreach and action. Realizing our baptismal call, we envision ourselves serving the Kingdom of God through:
- vibrant and nourishing liturgies
- knowledge of the faith and personal spiritual growth
- social justice and responsibility
- responsible stewardship of time, talent and treasure
St. Pius X Parish in Cedar Rapids, IA, seeks to fill the following positions:
- Pastoral Associate - position available on July 1, 2018. The Pastoral Associate for Pastoral and Spiritual Care is an integral member of the parish staff with professional preparation and pastoral sensitivity to suffering members of the parish and community. In conjunction with the pastor, this person provides direct ministry to the aged, sick, homebound, and grieving. Click here for full job description. Interested persons should submit their resume by Feb. 15, 2018, to Fr. Phil Thompson, St. Pius X Parish, 4949 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buildings & Grounds Working Supervisor. - This is a full-time position. Click here for a full job description. Please submit your resume to Rev. Philip Thompson, St. Pius X Parish, 4949 Council St., NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 or email to email@example.com.
Contact Rev. Philip Thompson at 319-393-4445 for more information.
Adult Faith Formation
Wine & Wisdom
God asks everyone to become invested in their faith life. We can all do this by sharing in prayer, sharing our talents, and sharing financially. You are invited to plan your gift to God, giving back a fair and generous percentage of the blessings God has bestowed on you.
Prayer of the Faithful
Prayer of the Faithful
6th Sunday in Ordinary Time
February 10-11, 2018
Presider: To the God of mercy, who gives us wholeness in Jesus Christ, we bring our petitions.
For the whole Church. May we be signs of God’s compassionate care for all who are marginalized or whose dignity is devalued. We pray to the Lord…
For peace: that God will inspire world leaders to take bold steps to end violence and promote justice through dialogue and understanding. We pray to the Lord…
For Catholic Charities and all organizations that serve those who cannot protect or provide for themselves. May our generosity help ease the struggles of those in need. We pray to the Lord…
For engaged and married couples: that God will continue to deepen their love and help their relationship give witness to God’s loving presence in the world. We pray to the Lord…
For those who feel isolated and outcast because of physical or mental illness. For compassion and healing. We pray to the Lord…
For our beloved dead. May they come to enjoy the fullness of life and love in the heavenly kingdom. We pray to the Lord…
For the prayers listed in our parish book of intentions, and those we hold in our hearts. (pause) We pray to the Lord…
Presider: Loving God, we turn to you in time of trouble, knowing that, in the fullness of time, you will bless us with salvation. Hear the prayers of your people. Heal our hearts and heal our world, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Save the Date
Adults enter into full communion with the Catholic Church through a process called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults or RCIA. Those who have not received baptism look forward to the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. We share Baptism with many other Christian traditions. In their case, preparation leads to Confirmation and Eucharist as they enter into full communion with the Catholic Church. Baptized Catholics who have not yet received Confirmation and First Communion may also prepare for these Sacraments through this process.
Here at St. Pius X, the process of study, prayer, and reflection will be on Wednesday nights this fall, starting on September 27, 2017, 6:00-7:30pm. Inquirers will attend Sunday Mass as their faith journey occurs within a small, supportive group of other searching adults. On behalf of all the parish community, each individual will have a parish companion who attends Wednesday nights and accompanies the candidate during religious rites important to the RCIA journey.
At the end of this process, the candidate will celebrate with the Parish upon receiving Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion from March 30th-April 1st on Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday with their families as recognized members of the Catholic Church.
In addition, we are always looking for those interested in helping RCIA candidates along this journey home to the Catholic Faith. Whether speaking, hospitality, or mentoring, your living example of Catholicism is truly valued. Even if you are unable to join us for this ministry, know that your presence in the Faith can create a welcoming atmosphere to every parishioner.
If you would like to register, have questions or know someone who is interested in becoming a Catholic, please call Tony Lavorata at 393-4445x112 or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divorce & Beyond
If you are interested in joining our parish family or learning more about the parish, please fill out our online form. We will be in touch with you once the form is received! We look forward to having you join St. Pius X.
Current Service Opportunities
Do you need service hours for school? Now is a great time to get it done.
Are you looking to help out at your parish? Click here for service opportunities that are updated frequently.
Bulletin Subscription via Email
Metro Catholic Outreach
Metro Catholic Outreach is a collaborative project of the eleven Catholic Parishes of the Cedar Rapids Metro area. This outreach provides a food pantry, call center for referrals and assistance and emergency financial assistance to those in need in our area.
GET MORE INVOLVED AT MASS!
Are you young, old, male, female, middle or high school,........... anyone looking for a way to be more involved at St. Pius? Try volunteering as an usher! We need friendly, helpful people who are willing to assist with the collection and communion at our weekend liturgies. No training is required; we let you “shadow” an usher once or twice to get the hang of it. After that, we’ll schedule you as often as you’d like at whichever Mass you prefer! (Our greatest needs are for the 4:30 and 10:30 Masses.) If you feel that God is calling you to serve your parish through this ministry, please contact Marianne in the Liturgy Office at 393-4445 or email@example.com. Team up with your husband/wife, son/daughter, mom/dad, Confirmation sponsor, friend, etc., and make this a fun way to share your time and talent!
Religious Education Calendars
50th Anniversary of Ordination
- Father Philip Thompson, Pastor
- Deacon Al Scharosch, Deacon
- Deacon Paul Zimmerman, Deacon
- Deacon Ron Ridder, Deacon
- Mary Swiderski, Secretary
- Melanie Martin-Trainor, Business Administrator
- Sandra Pickart, Director of Liturgy
- Sister Joellen Price, PBVM, Pastoral Associate
- Marianne Wink, Liturgy Assistant / Facilities & Hall Rental
- Anthony Lavorata, Director of Faith Formation
- Pam Satern, Stewardship and Parish Life
- Julia Gannon, Social Justice Director/Coordinator of Religious Education
- Micaela Andrews, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Jerica Christensen, Confirmation
- Barb Miller, Catechetical Associate