Sunday 8:30 am and 11:00 am
Weekdays/Holydays: see bulletin
Saturday - 9:00 am - noon
Saint Pius X Parish is a Catholic faith community of worship, prayer and thanksgiving, serving the world through outreach and action. Realizing our baptismal call, we envision ourselves serving the Kingdom of God through:
- vibrant and nourishing liturgies
- knowledge of the faith and personal spiritual growth
- social justice and responsibility
- responsible stewardship of time, talent and treasure
St. Pius X Parish in Cedar Rapids, IA, seeks to fill the following positions:
- Director of Faith Formation who is committed to formation of the Catholic Faith for all ages in a parish of 2000 families. This is a full-time position and includes sacramental preparation for Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist; direction of the RCIA program; and implementation of adult formation opportunities. This person will also oversee the Coordinator(s) of Religious Education for grades 1-12 and Youth Minister.
- Coordinator of Religious Education, grades K-5. This is a part-time position (10 months per year, 15 hours per week). Primary responsibilities include coordination of religious education classes for elementary aged children and Vacation Bible School, and recruitment of catechists.
- Youth Minister. This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week, over 12 months. Primary responsibilities include coordination of religious education classes for middle and high school students, youth ministry sessions, and various retreats and youth conferences.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics, and should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or experience pertaining to the position. Full job descriptions are available listed below. Send resumes by May 1 to Rev. Philip Thompson, St. Pius X Parish, 4949 Council St., NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.
Calling parishioners with a deep faith, insightful vision,
leadership skills, and a desire to serve your fellow parishioners
We need you to serve on our various parish and school boards and commissions. Our parish-wide elections are held the third weekend of May (May 20-21). We have two openings on our Pastoral Council, one opening on our Faith Formation Commission, and one opening on the St. Pius/St. Elizabeth School Board. If interested in finding out more information about these boards, contact Fr. Phil or any member of the boards. Please complete the nomination form and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed nomination forms must be received by Sunday, May 7 (be sure to also include a picture).
Prayer of the Faithful
Prayer of the Faithful
4th Sunday of Lent
March 25-26, 2017
Presider: My friends, let us pray now for ourselves and for all who need to be seen with God’s eyes.
For all believers. For openness to seeing and witnessing God’s light in others. Hear us, O God…
For those who make peace with others, and for those who judge others. Hear us, O God…
For those awaiting relief in the midst of war, poverty, and inhumane actions. Hear us, O God…
For those who have never felt understood or appreciated. Hear us, O God…
For the grace to be generous and forgiving. Hear us, O God…
For our sick and all who seek healing and comfort. Hear us, O God…
For those who have died. Hear us, O God…
For the prayers we hold in our hearts. (pause) Hear us, O God…
Presider: God of mercy and love, you defend the poor and weak. Listen to our prayer and lead us out of darkness. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Wine & Wisdom
Children's Liturgy of the Word
This year we will focus on the Stewardship of TALENT
How can you use your TALENTS? Can you use your TALENTS to serve God?
Consider how God is nudging to you to share a portion of your
TALENTS with Him and in service at St. Pius X.
Have you been thinking about becoming a Catholic someday?
Do you know of someone who might be interested in becoming Catholic?
Perhaps you have been worshipping with us for years. You may have served as an usher or greeter. Maybe your children are enrolled in Religious Education or in one of the Catholic Schools. We appreciate all that you have done for our parish and are grateful to have you with us. We invite you to consider the RCIA process that prepares adults for full sacramental union with the Catholic Church.
Sessions begin September 28th but conversation and registration is available now by calling Linda Van Etten at 393-4445 or send her an email at email@example.com
Religious Education Calendars
If you are interested in joining our parish family or learning more about the parish, please fill out our online form. We will be in touch with you once the form is received! We look forward to having you join St. Pius X.
Current Service Opportunities
Do you need service hours for school? Now is a great time to get it done.
Are you looking to help out at your parish? Click here for service opportunities that are updated frequently.
Bulletin Subscription via Email
Metro Catholic Outreach
Metro Catholic Outreach is a collaborative project of the eleven Catholic Parishes of the Cedar Rapids Metro area. This outreach provides a food pantry, call center for referrals and assistance and emergency financial assistance to those in need in our area.
For further information, see the following links, or contact Jullia Gannon (firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-393-4445)
- Metro Catholic website - Metro Catholic Outreach Overview - Metro Catholic Outreach - A Cooperative Effort - Outreach Volunteer Registration Form
GET MORE INVOLVED AT MASS!
Are you young, old, male, female, middle or high school,........... anyone looking for a way to be more involved at St. Pius? Try volunteering as an usher! We need friendly, helpful people who are willing to assist with the collection and communion at our weekend liturgies. No training is required; we let you “shadow” an usher once or twice to get the hang of it. After that, we’ll schedule you as often as you’d like at whichever Mass you prefer! (Our greatest needs are for the 4:30 and 11:00 Masses.) If you feel that God is calling you to serve your parish through this ministry, please contact Marianne in the Liturgy Office at 393-4445 or email@example.com. Team up with your husband/wife, son/daughter, mom/dad, Confirmation sponsor, friend, etc., and make this a fun way to share your time and talent!
Play and Pray
- Deacon Ron Ridder, Deacon
- Father Philip Thompson, Pastor
- Deacon Lanny Peterson, Deacon
- Deacon Al Scharosch, Deacon
- Deacon Paul Zimmerman, Deacon
- Mary Swiderski, Secretary
- Melanie Martin-Trainor, Business Administrator
- Sandra Pickart, Director of Liturgy
- Marianne Wink, Liturgy Assistant / Facilities & Hall Rental
- Linda Van Etten, Director of Faith Formation
- Jerica Christensen, Coordinator of Youth Ministry/Confirmation
- Sister Joellen Price, PBVM, Pastoral Associate
- Julia Gannon, Social Justice Director
- Pam Satern, Stewardship and Parish Life
- Barb Miller, Catechetical Associate
- Michael Jasudowicz, Buildings & Grounds Director