1. Pray where you are. God is present everywhere and ready to listen.
2. Pray, when possible, in a quiet place where you can be alone. It is well to fix your mind deliberately on God, apart from confusing distractions.
3. Pray to God simply and naturally, as to a friend. Tell him what is on your mind. Get help from the prayers of others.
4. Pray, remembering the good things God has done for you. Reckon up your blessings from time to time, and give thanks for them.
5. Pray for God’s forgiveness for the unworthy things that you may have done. He is near to a humble and contrite heart.
6. Pray for the things you need, especially those that will make your life finer and more Christ-like.
7. Pray for others, remembering the situations they confront and the help they need.
8. Pray for the world in its need, asking God to bring better things and offering your help to them.
9. Pray above everything else that God’s will may be done in you and in the world. His purposes are deeper and wiser than anything we can imagine.
10. Pray, and then let God use you in answering your prayer.